ABOUT AMY KARLE
Amy Karle is an internationally award-winning ultra-contemporary artist working at the nexus of where digital, physical and biological systems merge. Karle is also a provocateur and a futurist, opening future visions of how art, science, and technology could be utilized to support and enhance humanity while making advancements in the technology towards those goals in the process of making her artworks. Current projects probe who we could become as a result of our exponential technologies and how interventions could alter the course of our future.
Karle has shown work in 54 international exhibitions, including at: The Centre Pompidou, France; The Mori Art Museum, Japan; The Smithsonian, USA; Ars Electronica, Austria; Beijing Media Arts Biennale, China; FILE International Electronic Language Festival, Brazil. Karle is also regularly invited to share her innovations and insights as an expert speaker and in think tanks world-wide. She was honored as one of BBC’s 100 most inspiring and influential women, has been named one of the “Most Influential Women in 3D Printing”, and was Grand Prize Winner of the “YouFab Global Creative Award”. Karle was also an Artist Diplomat through the U.S. Department of State tasked with diplomacy, social innovation, women’s empowerment, and supporting cross disciplinary collaborations using art and technology to address social issues.
Her work speaks to a wide audience as it inspires exploration into what it means to be human and encourages us to contemplate the impacts of technology on our future. The long-term goals of her work are to continue to pioneer in ultra-contemporary art, bioart, and the art and tech fields and make contributions to the advancement of society, technology and healthcare in the process.
“I use my Artwork as a means to express and study my own experience.
I offer it to others as an experience to relate to.”
– Amy Karle
Awards & Honors
- Artist Diplomat, American Arts Incubator | US Department of State ›
- American Visions National Art Award
- BBC 100 Women
- Edge Condition at Pier 9: The Future of Making Things Public Art Finalist
- Endowed Performance Fund
- Fellow | Salzburg Global Seminar
- Most Influential Women in 3D Printing
- National Gallery of Art Silver Key Award
- New York State Senate Excelsior Award
- NFT.NYC Best Use of Emerging Technology for Digital Art award nomination
- Pinnacle Award: Best of Show honor from Corcoran Museum of Art
- Pioneer Art Award
- Presidential Honor of Distinction
- San Francisco Arts Commission Prequalified Artist Pool
- SOMArts Fiscal Sponsorship
- YouFab Global Creative Award, Grand Prize
- Autodesk Artist in Residence
- Centrum Nauki Kopernik | Copernicus Science Centre
- Experimental Television Center (ETC)
- HP Labs (Hewlett Packard)
- Signal Culture
- Studio Quantum
- AIxMUSIC (hackathon) | Ars Electronica